Hey friends 👋🏻
Here are Doable ideas, Reflections and Mindfulness to try out this week.
Doable ideas 💭
A recent discovery of my overwhelm management strategy: write a detailed to-do list with time next to each item so that I know exactly where I need to be and what I need to do at any given moment.
What strategies do you use to regain a sense of control?
When’s the last time you felt calm and everything was under control?
No amount of spending time with friends, on the beach or going to float therapy can untangle a chaotic mind. Real self-care applies to the mind too – whether that be finishing a project so you feel less overwhelmed, or doing a 5-minute meditation to create distance from what you’re experiencing.
A little summary of my chaotic January.
I wrote this advice for myself when I felt some early signs of burnout (is it possible to feel burnt out 22 days into the new year? Asking for a friend.)
I started off the year strong, but my sleep, diet and productivity became a mess after saying yes to more opportunities. Everything became “urgent” and “important”.
In times like this, all I could do was to acknowledge and accept: it’s just a season of life, and I will manage.
That said, I’m still keen to increase meditation next week. What’s your plan for mindfulness next week?
Ideas Worth Pondering 🧠
Our standard of living and level of technology have never been better: we are always only one swipe away from getting food, information, and hell, even love. All from the comfort of our couch. We barely move, go outside, or talk to a real person.
No wonder most people lack energy and motivation these days.
Most of our problems can be solved by going back to basic human needs:
- Getting enough sleep and daylight → better mood, energy and performance level
- Getting balanced nutrition → fuel/grow/repair our body
- Getting daily movement → strengthen bones and muscles, improve brain health, reduce health risks
- Spending time outdoor → lower levels of stress, anxiety and depression
These are the 20% of things that contribute to 80% of positive emotions.
Start bringing the good days back.
If you enjoyed that, please share with others.
Whenever you’re ready, there are 2 ways I can help you:
- Take the free wellbeing quiz here to find out what you can work on next to improve your mental health (it only takes 2 minutes!)
- Work 1:1 with me to improve your health and wellbeing with music therapy. No waiting list!
Be awesome x