Hey friends 👋🏻
Here are Doable ideas, Reflections and Mindfulness to try out this week.
Doable ideas 💭
Play to your strengths.
Figure out what you are good at. Focus energy and effort to double output.
Reflect on past success or ask your friends.
This week I gathered that I’m reasonably good at 1/ writing, 2/ learning languages and 3/ play by ear. All served me pretty well in my music therapy career.
Quarterly review: what went well? What didn’t go so well? How am I going to make the most out of the next 90 days?
Mindfulness is not a quick-fix solution. It does not make you a saint, or happy from the inside out. You won’t stop experiencing hard times and emotions, but you will have tricks up your sleeve to recover faster and move forward in life – no strings attached.
Make it a habit to strengthen your mind like how you train your muscles.
Your future self will thank you.
Start with building awareness around your thoughts and feelings:
- What did I think about the most this week?
- How did I feel this week overall?
- What triggered me?
- How did spending time on social media make me feel?
Mindfulness involves being aware of what is happening inside and outside ourselves at any given moment. And this awareness can help us see when we’re feeling stressed or anxious. By noticing the source of these feelings and working through them, we can move closer towards feeling free from anxiety or fear. We can then connect with ourselves again, experience joy in every moment and cultivate a sense of contentment from within. Practising mindfulness helps develop a stronger connection between mind and body – so next time you take a deep breath before speaking up at work or during an argument, try bringing some quietness into that stressful situation.
March Recap 📝
1/4 of 2023 is gone. It’s the perfect time to do a quarterly review and take massive actions to sprint towards your yearly goal in the next 90 days.
This month I continued to navigate my new work schedule and I closely monitored my energy, performance and productivity.
- Create the ideal environment to boost focus and productivity. I generally get better ideas when I’m outside (whether I’m walking, on a train or in a cafe) so I moved away from home when I had to write. Cafe hopping has always been my hobby so it added more fun to my day off.
- The power of brain dumping (a.k.a. idea capturing). I went back to bullet journaling after > 3 years and it served me well so far in being more aware of my thoughts and productive in taking the right actions thanks to quick idea capturing. Typing/voice notes definitely work, but writing helped me process ideas and information.
Experiments/Projects for April 🔬
- Health optimisation. Now that I’ve made working out and preparing meals a habit, I can move onto optimising the process. Going to experiment 1/ including more plant/fruit variety in my diet to improve gut health, 2/ reduce protein supplement (always source from real food first) and 3/ reducing stress level through sleep quality.
- Might try outsourcing video editing. Let’s see.
What are you working on this month? Are you spending time on what you said you would do in your new year resolution (if you had one)? Hit reply and let’s keep each other accountable! 🙌🏻
Video This Week 🎥
New handpan cover is up on my channel now 👇🏻